There’s little question that COVID-19 represents a significant threat to the UK’s hospitality sector. Even prior to Boris Johnson’s social distancing measures, UKHospitality already reported that hotel occupancy had fallen by 15%. The latest figures from Tenzo suggest that sales at UK restaurants, cafés and pubs are down 69% YoY. With the government’s ‘social distancing’ plans in place and more stringent lockdown measures still on the cards, we can only expect the situation to worsen in the immediate term.
While these are undoubtedly challenging times, there are proactive and smart steps that hospitality brands can take now to manage reputation in the immediate term, enhance revenue in the mid-term and maintain brand equity in the longer term. In this whitepaper, we take a look at:
- Hotel survival strategies adopted during the SARs outbreak
- Recession consumer shopping and travel behaviours
- Recession marketing effectiveness and brand strategies
- Emerging consumer behaviours under social distancing measures and lockdown scenarios
- Practical actions for hospitality brands
While this is undoubtedly a deeply troubling period for hospitality brands, we would urge those affected to take this time to brand-build, innovate, experiment and plan for a post-crisis future.
Download the whitepaper here
If you found it insightful please get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!
Contact the author: