We’re proud to announce that Etch has become a Microsoft Silver Partner. The Silver Cloud Platform recognition confirms that we have expertise in delivering the highest quality Microsoft-based cloud services to our clients and partners.
Why did Etch want to become a Microsoft partner?
For over three decades, Microsoft has developed and delivered technology solutions that have transformed the way people live, work and play. They are on a mission to empower every person and every organisation on the planet to achieve more.
The desire to become a Microsoft partner was not only fuelled by an alignment of our purpose – we’re defining a better way to live, work and play for our people, community, and partners to go further, faster – but to also showcase our expertise and help to deliver more for our customers.
The benefits of being a Microsoft partner
As a standard Microsoft partner, we are part of a global community that connects us to the relationships, insights, tools, resources, and programmes to help our customers. But as a silver partner for a specific competency – Cloud Platform - we are demonstrating our proven expertise in delivering quality Microsoft solutions. Microsoft competencies are designed to prepare us to meet our customers' needs, helping to provide more up-to-date solutions and deliver a higher quality of service.
"By achieving a silver competency, organisations have proven their expertise in specific technology areas, placing them among the top 5% of Microsoft partners worldwide.”
Phil Sorgen, Corporate Vice President, Worldwide Partner Group at Microsoft Corp.
How did we attain our Silver Partner Status?
It was no mean feat. To attain this accreditation, our Lead Solutions Architect, Phil Dye, built on his years of Microsoft Azure experience (Microsoft’s cloud computing service) by taking the Microsoft Azure Administrator exam. This measured several skills, including:
- Managing Azure identities and governance
- Implementing and managing storage
- Deploying and managing Azure compute resources
- Configuring and managing virtual networking
- Monitoring backup Azure resources
As a certified Azure Administrator Associate, Phil and his team’s responsibilities include implementing, managing, and monitoring identity, governance, storage, compute, and virtual networks in a cloud environment, plus provision, size, monitor, and adjust resources.
What’s in it for our customers?
At Etch, we believe we are better together. And this is true of any partnership. As a Microsoft partner, we are part of a community driven to do more for our customers.
“When customers look for an IT partner to meet their business challenges, choosing a company that has attained Microsoft competencies is a smart move. These are highly qualified professionals with access to Microsoft technical support and product teams.”
Phil Sorgen, Corporate Vice President, Worldwide Partner Group at Microsoft Corp
When choosing a digital transformation partner to manage or upgrade your cloud infrastructure, working with an accredited Silver Partner means you’ll benefit from:
- Expert assistance - to provide the most innovative and trusted technologies to support your business operation.
- Strategic advisory – to ensure your IT capabilities align with your long-term strategic goals for business growth.
- Quality service – the highest standards of service dedicated to providing the right solutions for your business.
- Affordable access – working directly with an accredited expert is often a more affordable alternative than using an in-house team.
- Support on-demand – reduce downtime waiting for issues to be resolved; get the support when you need it.
- Up-to-date standards – with ongoing training to keep our certification, customers are assured that our knowledge and capabilities are at the forefront of the industry.
We’re thrilled about this recent certification as part of our ongoing commitment to providing our clients and partners with the highest quality technology services.
July 2022 update: In addition to our Silver Cloud Platform recognition, in June 2022, Mike Chart, Lead Developer at Etch, gained Microsoft Azure Developer Associate certification after completing the Microsoft Partner AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure exam.
If you have any questions regarding our Silver Partner status for Cloud Platform, specifically how we can help you with your Microsoft Azure challenges or queries, please get in touch.