Frontend Developer/ Senior Frontend Developer
We’re looking for a Frontend Developer, to join our team dedicated to building amazing content-managed websites. An exciting blend of greenfield development, mixed with continuous improvement and support work.
- £40,000 - £55,000 (SALARY DOE)
- Remote, with visits to the Southampton or London offices twice per month
- You will assist our responsive and dynamic team in delivering exceptional digital products for our partners and be continually seeking new opportunities to improve upon how we build them.
- This role can include oversight over some of our other developers and could be the start of a path towards a leadership role. Either way, the job involves input on a broad range of projects across the company, with some pretty exciting partners.
- Development within a support and continuous improvement framework on existing partner's websites.
- Frontend development of new website builds within an Agile process.
- Take ownership and be responsible for delivering key workstreams.
- Take part in activities including research and development, workshops, writing user stories, acceptance criteria and estimates.
- Assist external developers/contractors and co-ordinate with other developers within the team
Explain technology solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Act as a platform evangelist, sharing news and updates to the wider team.
- Continuously measure and identify opportunities to improve methodology and process within the wider team.
- We don't obsess about skill sets and keywords. Who you are is more important, and how you think is the only true requirement.
- We work in a fluid and lean way, so you'll need to be comfortable working iteratively with the rest of the team to deliver an excellent result without specifications or intensive project management.
- You'll be expected to take ownership of your work, manage your time, communicate in a dynamic team, and ultimately deliver quality code.
- In return, you’ll have all the support you need, you’ll get to deliver incredible websites, and make a real impact to our business, our relationships, and our output.
- A real passion for frontend development.
- Experience in an agency or working on multiple concurrent projects.
- An ability to spot problems where others can't.
- A desire to continually improve practices and knowledge.
- Experience managing or mentoring less experienced developers.
- Three or four useful most git commands memorised or written on a PostIt nearby.
- Experience of SASS, NPM/Yarn, Grunt/Gulp/Webpack.
- Experiencing writing end-to-end tests (e.g. Nightwatch or TestCafe).
At Etch, we’re defining a better way to work, live and play. Here, every day is an opportunity, an opportunity to write your own story. A story of growth, of pride, of fun and of doing incredible things. Working at Etch is about your own personal journey. We’ve created an environment that allows you to become the best version of yourself, at work, at home, and in life. For more information about life at Etch, our culture, and to find out what values we look for in each applicant, head over to our careers page.
At Etch you’re well looked after. From your health and wellbeing to your personal development and finances, we provide more than your statutory benefits, we’ve created a working culture that not only works for you, but one that gives you the best opportunity to thrive. For more information on our latest company benefits, visit our careers page.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
To apply, simply enter your details below along with your CV and a covering letter.