Lead Product Designer
Our team define the entire end-to-end experience of our creations: from researching user needs and conceiving the features to meet them, right through to defining the user journey and crafting the final look and feel of each screen. You will be creating products that genuinely enrich people’s lives and are always aspiring to set the bar for engaging surprising and forward-thinking design.
- £65,000 - £75,000
- Remote, with visits to the Southampton and/or London offices twice per month
- Working with the Heads of Departments and your discipline to understand client and user needs. This can involve desk research, stakeholder interviews, customer interviews, experience mapping and doing whatever else we can to put ourselves in users’ shoes.
- Owning and driving the work of creating scalable design systems for our clients
- Working with the wider team to conceive innovative forward-thinking new customer journeys that balance customer and business needs and embrace a holistic multi-channel conception of design.
- Validating your ideas using prototyping, user testing and zealous self-review.
- Meticulously translating complex requirements into scamps before moving into high fidelity designs that are testable ie. prototypes
- A core output will be prototypes that will be a core deliverable for the development team
- Taking ownership of design output for large projects and reviewing the work of other members of the team
- Working both independently or with a multi-disciplinary team through all stages of product development to ensure user experience and leading-edge design is never neglected.
- Presenting designs internally and to clients.
- Creating and evolving brands.
- Providing the development team with assets and style guides within a coherent design system, loosely based on atomic design.
- You have been designing for at least 8 years and have the portfolio to prove it.
- Experience creating design systems
- Ability to create low fidelity or high fidelity prototypes
- Deep understanding of Design Thinking, Jobs to be Done and The Fogg Behaviour Model.
- Delivering designs over a multi-channel ecosystem from desktop to mobile, to kiosk etc
- A genuine enthusiasm of user-centric experience design
- You apply usability principles and always consider user needs.
- You value the emotional aspects of interaction design and create interaction flows that surprise and delight users.
- You’re never satisfied with the obvious, good enough, solution.
- Presentation skills: you can tell a clear and engaging story to rationalise your ideas.
- The ability to challenge and educate clients where needed
- You can analyse complex requirements and can translate them into a coherent product.
- You are comfortable mapping out complex interaction flows and defining the logic of how every element works.
- You create professional deliverables for clients and check through every detail.
- You appreciate the value of research but are comfortable working from assumptions and intuition where necessary.
- Flexibility and self-organisation: you appreciate the value of having time to experiment but are happy to adapt your work style to a tight deadline where necessary.
- Previous experience with Figma (our lead tool) and knowledge of the Adobe Suite are required. Sketch and additional tools are also desirable
- The Ability to create UI animations is advantageous
- Experience in iconography is desirable but not essential
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
To apply, simply enter your details below along with your portfolio and CV.