We are looking for a keen new UX designer with great UI design skills to continue to learn and collaborate with us to deliver high-quality experiences centred around humans with our partners.
Joining Etch, you’ll have the opportunity to work with an amazing set of clients that partner with us on extraordinary challenges that you will help to solve, whilst surrounded by a talented set of individuals in Southampton, UK, from a studio that is host to top talent, an eclectic playlist, the occasional party, and Bonnie, the studio dog.
Based in the Digital Products team, you’ll be working with industry leaders in a deeply partner facing role, learning product strategy, crafting UX and design to help our partners think beyond the ordinary. Often, you’ll spend time on site with partners, building a close-knit relationship that helps you gain a true understanding of the business needs and ultimately enables you to deliver truly engaging, beautiful experiences.
You are an awesome communicator both verbally and in writing, a considerate diplomat, a problem solver, and a thinker with the ability to understand and respond to user needs and business objectives. You will help build innovations that tie all digital touch-points together to form solutions based on user needs.
On top of that, you’re in for a competitive salary, pension, private medical insurance, income protection & death in service scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development opportunities, and have access to our ever-expanding social calendar, with Park Run and the IMDB film club amongst others. We also finish at 3pm on Fridays!
- Work towards outcomes that clearly and persuasively deliver upon the vision of a digital product and provide the thinking behind it
- Participate in product workshops, design sprints and digital projects with a small team, including our partners
- Participate and share the design process following frameworks where needed, but allow for flexibility - there’s little point in delivering value if no-one has followed the process
- Craft digital experiences that can be mapped directly to the business objectives and user needs of the project
- Work closely with visual designers and developers while advocating the best design for people and giving and receiving feedback and always asking “what are we trying to achieve?”
- Produce high-quality prototypes, user interface designs and user experiences and back up your designs - content design should be a keen interest
- Make decisions, help critique design, track issues, document changes and assist in making client-facing documents
Desired skills and experience
- Experience creating user interface designs, as well as working on the UX design of projects
- Collaborating with our partners and users in a professional, but fun manner
- Experience in following product strategy and turning the strategy into actionable outputs
- Use appropriate software to create professional-quality, well-designed outputs
- Strong attention to detail, organisational skills and ability to assess data
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, with a natural ability to articulate and explain design choices
- Enthusiastic communicator and a creative problem-solver
- A passion to advance within the creative discipline and to better themselves in designing human centred experiences
- Useful if you have experience in delivering key project outcomes including asking the right questions, conducting user interviews, initiating research and analysis, user journey mapping, moderating collaboration workshops, prototyping and usability testing
- Exceptional portfolio showcasing creative design solutions and providing the thinking behind it - demonstrating a breadth of experience covering research, user interface design and testing with humans
- You’ll play well with others, but be confident when working alone
What you'll get in return for your talents
You’ll join a forward thinking and engaging team of like-minded individuals. You’ll have the chance to work on bespoke, end to end digital products and get unique access to key people within your clients. You’ll help share great UX practice and join a design agency that’s involved with and pushing forward the local and global design profession.
- Salary range £20-£25k, depending on current experience level
- Free work/job related training
- 23-28 days of holiday (based on your length of service)
- Plus, your birthday off (after first year of service)
- Contributory pension scheme (4-5% employer contribution depending on length of service)
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Childcare Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme (Mental health, legal and tax advice, etc)
- Free Breakfast on Fridays
- Regular free lunches and drinks to reward the successes of the team
- Your choice of job-related book added to the Etch Library each month
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Sick Pay Package
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.