Umbraco/.Net Web Developer (Mid-weight)
We work in a relatively fluid & lean way so you'll need to be comfortable working iteratively with the rest of the team to deliver an outstanding result without specifications or intensive project management. You'll be expected to take ownership of your elements of a project, working alongside UXers, designers and frontend developers, under the umbrella of a digital producer and our technical manager, to take projects from concepts to delivery and beyond.
Being a busy agency, you'll be working on multiple projects at the same time alongside a lengthy list of maintenance and update tasks, and so will be expected to take responsibility for your own time management and delivery within the team.
You must have experience of:
- ASP.Net (Webforms and MVC)
- Umbraco CMS
- REST services (ie WebAPI)
- n-Tier architecture
- Source code management (SCM); Mercurial (hg), git or TFS
- Working in an agile/lean team (eg Scrum)
- Agency/multiple concurrent projects
Nice to haves:
- ORMs (eg Entity Framework, nHibernate, ServiceStack, PetaPoco)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Deployment
If you want to know more, then drop a line to email@example.com. If we like what we hear, we'll ask you to come in for a chat - where we can find out more about you, and you about us. If it feels right for both of us, we'll talk about salaries and details. If it still feels right after that - welcome aboard!
- Salary range £30-£35k, depending on experience.
- Up to 25 days of holiday, plus your birthday off.
- Free work/job related training.
- A job related book of your choice each month.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Glasses vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Sick pay package.
- 'Bacon Roll Fridays' and finish at 3pm.
- Pizza days and drinks at the launch of every new project.
Recruitment Agents - You probably already know that we receive an endless stream of calls from you anyway, and we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative and desire to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position directly, so please don't waste either of our time by calling at the moment.