We’re looking for a Support Developer to join our Growth team, dedicated to maintaining amazing content-managed websites and applications. This is an exciting brand-new role that will advance our support offering, ensuring the very best service for our partners.
- £28,000 - £35,000
- Remote - (alignment with the UK-team’s hours)
Our partners’ websites and products are often transactional or business critical and maintaining these is essential to our success in maintaining long-term relationships. From upgrades and feature enhancements to incident response, no day is predictable, and no two days will be the same. That would be boring.
We support a vast range of websites and products across a number of platforms and technologies, so you won’t know them all. Quick-thinking and fast-learning are essential. It’s a cliché, but “self-starter” is what this role is truly about - embracing the unknown, getting stuck-in and making sense of things on your own.
When you need it, you’ll still have support. You’ll be working with a team lead who can mentor you and alongside talented peers to bounce ideas off. You’ll be given the keys to your own growth — and an opportunity to thrive.
Core responsibilities on a day-to-day basis:
- Develop features following our software development lifecycle and standards
- Support feature testing, integration and deployment
- Work with delivery managers to handle support request and incident tickets from colleagues, partners and monitoring systems
- Respond to production incidents, triaging, diagnosing, debugging and resolving errors
- Creatively develop workarounds and fixes, even if temporary
- Contribute to identifying and documenting lessons-learnt and opportunities to improve
Support is currently only offered during business hours, but there may be occasional need for out-of-hours working to resolve critical incidents or provide high-risk cover.
We don't obsess about keywords or qualifications - who you are and how you think is more important than ever for this role. It’s likely you’ll have a couple of years’ experience with at least some of the following:
- C# .NET Framework or .NET Core MVC & API apps
- Content Management Systems (preferably Umbraco)
- REST or SOAP APIs
- ORMs (e.g. Entity Framework)
- Single Page Applications (e.g. React (preferred), Angular or Vue)
- Git tooling and workflow
- DevOps practices, including Continuous Integration
- Unit Testing
- Test Automation
- Cloud infrastructure and services (e.g. Azure or AWS)
Above all, you’ll need to demonstrate your abilities to:
- Quickly triage and efficiently identify the extent of problems
- Identify when is the right time to escalate or consult others
- Quickly understand, often unfamiliar, application code
- Prioritise multiple competing demands under pressure
- Find creative solutions to difficult problems
- Proactively and appropriately communicate with engineering peers, delivery managers and partners
- Document and share knowledge in a variety of situations and mediums
- 23 - 28 days of holiday (based on your length of service)
- Plus, your birthday off (after first year of service)
- Contributory pension scheme (4-5% employer contribution depending on length of service)
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme (mental health, legal and tax advice, etc)
- Free breakfast on Fridays
- Regular free lunches and drinks to reward the successes of the team
- Your choice of job-related book added to the Etch Library each month
- Employee loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sick pay package
- A fun and supportive working environment
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
The power of Etch is in our people. Our teams work seamlessly together, united by a set strong set of values that help to foster a healthy, collaborative, productive and incredibly effective thriving working culture. We’ll look for these in you.
We strive to discover and evolve ever better systems of working together. We aim to free ourselves and others from unnecessary constraints and adopt working patterns that help people, organisations and the planet prosper.
We do what's best for all, not just the individual. We are respectful and empathise with one another.
We show a willingness to fail forwards. We have the courage to show vulnerability. We are confident having the difficult conversations in order to get the right outcome for all.
We support change for the better, striving to help our partners go further faster and empowering our team members to reach their personal goals.
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
If you want to apply or find out more, drop us a line.