We are looking for an innovative solutions architect to develop and implement systems architecture that will meet our clients business needs.
- Salary depending on experience
- Remote, regular visits to the Southampton and/or London team
To be successful as a solution architect, you should be able to integrate specifications and requirements into the systems architecture.
Responsibilities include gathering requirements and functional specifications, assessing the current software systems in place in order to identify areas in need of improvement, and overseeing project development teams. They should be comfortable presenting to the business and our clients, regularly updating the company on any developments in systems architecture projects.
This is a remote role with regular travel to one of our offices in Southampton or London required.
- Lead the Solution Architecture practice across Etch, including the supervision & mentoring of other architects, championing the benefits of, and educating engineering & non-technical staff on the principles of solution architecture.
- Scoping of projects' technical complexity, risks and dependencies to support the sales process.
- Work with Etch and external stakeholders, product owners and project managers to gather technical requirements and define solution roadmaps.
- Analyse and describe architectural principles (including data, application, infrastructure, integration, security, availability, performance and other non-functional requirements), using appropriate models and documentation to suit the context and audience.
- Research, evaluate and recommend third-party vendors and solution providers to meet projects' technical requirements.
- Identify architectural inconsistencies and problems in technical designs from Etch and partners' engineering teams.
- Collaborate with Etch and partners' engineering teams to ensure that projects' technical designs are delivered as intended.
- Guide engineering teams in adopting good patterns, policies, practices and documentation, to ensure shared knowledge, improved quality and minimal technical debt.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Broad understanding of information technology topics
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork and team building ability
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Flexible in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting roles and responsibilities
- Technically creative and open-minded
- 23 - 28 days of holiday (based on your length of service)
- Plus, your birthday off (after first year of service)
- Contributory pension scheme (4-5% employer contribution depending on length of service)
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme (mental health, legal and tax advice, etc)
- Free breakfast on Fridays
- Regular free lunches and drinks to reward the successes of the team
- Your choice of job-related book added to the Etch Library each month
- Employee loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sick pay package
- A fun and supportive working environment
The power of Etch is in our people. Our teams work seamlessly together, united by a set strong set of values that help to foster a healthy, collaborative, productive and incredibly effective thriving working culture. We’ll look for these in you.
We strive to discover and evolve ever better systems of working together. We aim to free ourselves and others from unnecessary constraints and adopt working patterns that help people, organisations and the planet prosper.
We do what's best for all, not just the individual. We are respectful and empathise with one another.
We show a willingness to fail forwards. We have the courage to show vulnerability. We are confident having the difficult conversations in order to get the right outcome for all.
We support change for the better, striving to help our partners go further faster and empowering our team members to reach their personal goals.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
If you want to apply or find out more, drop us a line.