Working on multiple client accounts, including both paid and organic social, you'll work with our clients to achieve their desired objectives. Working in a full-service digital agency and a rapidly growing digital marketing team, you’ll learn and experience a huge amount as well as having exciting opportunities to grow your career.
- Building successful client relationships
- Work with account managers and producers on cross-departmental projects
- Contribute to the business development process, through constructing winning client proposals and pitches
- Creation and implementation of social media strategy and setting of campaign KPIs
- Building, analysing, optimising and reporting paid social campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat and LinkedIn
- Working across multiple social media projects and with multiple clients
- Taking responsibility for your time management and working independently and proactively to deliver client work
- Proactively taking an interest in the latest social media industry developments
Desired experience and skills:
- The core of the role will be focused on planning and delivering paid social media but knowledge and experience of organic social media would be highly beneficial.
- Some experience in or a willingness to learn paid search is desirable.
- A results-driven approach, underpinned by strong commercial awareness.
- Google Analytics skills including a good understanding of attribution.
- A positive, entrepreneurial attitude and approach.
- Business savvy and relationship driven.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Outstanding people skills, including the ability to build rapport quickly with clients.
We work in a relatively fluid & lean way so you'll need to be comfortable working iteratively with the rest of the team to deliver an outstanding result without specifications or intensive management. The key to our success is the great relationships we have with our clients, so you will need to be comfortable with taking on the role of an account manager when dealing with the clients you work with.
- 23 - 28 days of holiday (based on your length of service)
- Plus, your birthday off (after first year of service)
- Contributory pension scheme (4-5% employer contribution depending on length of service)
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme (mental health, legal and tax advice, etc)
- Free breakfast on Fridays
- Regular free lunches and drinks to reward the successes of the team
- Your choice of job-related book added to the Etch Library each month
- Employee loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sick pay package
- A fun and supportive working environment
Etch is an equal opportunities employer.
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
If you want to apply or find out more, drop Beckie Brown a line.