Senior Visual Designer
About Big Radical
Wake Up. Break Through. Repeat.
Big Radical is a product development studio of designers, engineers, project coaches and business innovators based in Soho, London. The leadership team are digital product development veterans and the team are rock-solid thinkers and makers. Big Radical is equal doses client business, product sandpit and IP development, together with a growing network of extended family and collaborators. We focus on Rapid Breakthrough Product Development – getting to the point fast, making things tangible, answering key questions - and helping you launch great products, services and experiences that make a difference you can measure. We're already working with a number of exciting brands, helping them breakthrough.
In the creative team, we aim to produce design solutions to communicate our client’s messages with a high visual impact. All our designers’ work to a brief agreed with the client and will occasionally proactively participate in proposal and scope meetings where they will use their expertise to recommend best user practices.
During the production process our Visual Designers will create mock-ups ensuring our clients’ brand is adapted and carefully represented across all platforms, even those which offers the smallest screen real estate. Our designer’s work demands creative flair, constant innovation and up-to-date knowledge of design trends in the mobile space. However, at Big Radical we don’t want to simply follow these trends, our designers aspire to be the ones setting them.
Big Radical is looking for a talented and ambitious Senior Visual Designer to join the design team at their London Soho office. Working within a talented production team, you will be creating and implementing world-class designs for high-profile clients across multiple mobile and tablet devices, and using your experience to guide and inspire the team.
- Gathering client and user requirements and discussing visual capabilities in proposal/brainstorm meetings
- Idea generation at both proposal and production stages
- Creating brand elements for projects where there is no existing brand
- Developing and presenting proposed visuals internally and to Big Radical’s clients
- Providing the development team with assets and style sheets to aid in the app build
- Participating in visual design testing of the app during the build stages
- Being present at wash-up meetings to discuss the success of the aesthetics used and how future improvements can be implemented
- Producing promotional artwork for Big Radical’s marketing and PR team
- Keeping abreast of emerging design techniques, trends and programs
- Working alongside UX to brainstorm and implement new UI elements
- Inspiring the visual design team
- Helping support a strong, supportive team ethos across the whole company
- Reviewing the visual design team’s work and helping less experienced members learn and develop their skills
- Taking the lead in ensuring that clients can see how their goals are being translated into clear design rationale
- You have been designing professionally for at least 4 years and have the portfolio to prove it
- You can work efficiently on multiple projects developing and presenting mock-ups internally and to Big Radical’s clients
- You’re smart, imaginative and not afraid to push beyond the ask in terms of your designs and thinking
- Have worked using service design methods and logic
- Experience working in mobile design, web, product or game design
- A strong understanding of the usual software, Adobe suite, Sketch, InVision and other relevant prototyping tools. AfterEffects to demo your UI animations a bonus
- A tech savvy creative with a passion for emerging technologies and cross platform devices, including mobile, tablets and apps
- Ability to present work directly to clients; you will be articulate, creative, innovative and must have a passion and desire to grow and share our clients’ offering
- You can thoroughly review others’ work and provide constructive criticism
- You listen to and seriously consider others’ opinions, but are confident in pushing back against clients and colleagues to achieve the best design
- A positive and professional attitude which will inspire others
- Experience leading/co-facilitating design workshops
- Deep familiarity with design guidelines for iOS, Android, Windows Phones
- Experience prototyping
- Experience in motion design
- Skill in copywriting
- Experience leading projects
The opportunity to join a new studio with high ambition and a genuine purpose to:
- Help our clients and partners break through
- Do everything in our power to help launch meaningful products and services that make a difference you can measure
The opportunity is to help us grow the right way, in a fundamentally strategic leadership role. To work with an amazing set of clients that partner with us on an interesting set of challenges that you will help to solve, whilst surrounded by a talented young team of Big Radicals in the heart of Soho, based in an office that is host to industry leading speaker sessions, the occasional party, and an eclectic selection of beers on a weekly basis.
On top of that you’re in for a competitive salary, pension, private medical insurance, income protection & death in service scheme, childcare vouchers, company loan, ride to work scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development opportunities, and an employee referral scheme if you recommend any like minded friends to join our team.
Contact email@example.com for more information!