Senior Business Development Manager
Key activities will include:
- Pipeline and CRM management
- Tracking and reporting progress against agreed targets
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of our capabilities and projects
- Maintaining and tracking all external positioning and maintaining a high-level of communication quality
- Conduct / make a high volume of booked face-to-face chemistry or discovery meetings with properly qualified prospects
- Develop and maintain the highest standards for pitching and presentation, and maintain a strong level of consistency of these throughout Big Radical
- Coordinate and lead where appropriate new business activities including pitches / pitch teams
- Coordinate responses to RFPs and Briefs
- Diversifying and growing the existing portfolio by winning new business and support developing existing client relationships where appropriate
- Review, contribute and protect commercial aspects of contracts and SOWs
- Liaison with clients on case studies and joint PR
- Attend relevant industry functions, events and conferences to ensure a strong understanding of current market and trends and Big Radical’s visibility in the market.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
You'll be able to demonstrate:
- Business development and client services experience in a product innovation, platform or service design studio/agency environment or product development organisation
- Strong industry network (both vendors and clients)
- Ability to segment and acquire new clients based on cultural and strategic similarities to our capabilities
- Extremely strong ‘top of the funnel’ pipeline management and conversion skills
- Strong presentational skills and ability to manage all stages of the business development cycle
- A deep understanding of the creative and product development industry
- A strong understanding of the technical/digital landscape, good overall technical knowledge - particularly mobile - and a thorough understanding of trends in design, innovation and technology
- Highly entrepreneurial and capable of working within a dynamic environment
- Strong emotional intelligence and leadership capability
- Proven ability to build credible, trusting, sustainable relationships at a senior level within organisations.
- Excellent commercial, entrepreneurial, strategic and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills – spoken and written; and exceptional presentation skills.
- Passion for excellence and attention to detail, self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and driven.
- Outcomes-focused and consultative selling approach
- Self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- Comfortable interfacing between teams (including engineering, designers, strategists, delivery managers and client stakeholders).
In return you'll get:
- Competitive remuneration
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- A number of other benefits including cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers
- A fun and supportive working environment