Senior Business Development Manager
About Big Radical
Wake Up. Break Through. Repeat.
Big Radical is a product development studio of 22 designers, engineers, project coaches and business innovators based in Soho, London. Our leadership team are digital product veterans with the scars to prove it and our team are rock-solid thinkers and makers. We are equal doses of client business, product sandpit and IP development, together with a growing network of extended family and collaborators.
Our focus is Rapid Breakthrough Product Development – getting to the point fast, making things tangible, and helping clients and partners launch great products and services that make a difference you can measure.
London - £50-£70k basic salary plus commission
We’re looking for a talented and experienced Senior Business Development Manager to join our team. A passionate and driven individual you will grow our Business Development efforts leveraging our unique client offering and your experience to expand our reach to like-minded companies who are thinking ambitiously about their digital product and innovation development plans. The role will encompass new lead generation, delivering new wins on new clients to the business, as well as and growing existing accounts.
This is a permanent role starting ASAP.
The Senior Business Development Manager will be accountable for:
- New business and existing client growth strategy and plans, in collaboration with the leadership team
- Supporting and contributing to the overall Big Radical business and commercial goals
- Direct management of all relevant new business and existing client activities to support these plans, which be expected to include:
- All aspects of business development current and future
- PR & Marketing activities to drive lead generation including events and networking, thought leadership, campaigns and Big Radical's "shop window" (e.g. digital presence, word of mouth)
- Lead generation activity (both your own and supporting the leadership team and other colleagues in the business)
- Lead qualification
- Contribute to identifying "areas of attack" (sectors and products for Big Radical to explore/invest in)
- Own acheiving the annual new name revenue targets for Big Radical (converting pipeline opportunities + generating "go-get" revenue)
- Growing the Big Radical business development and capabilities, including hiring if required
- Developing a best practice business development approach to help Big Radical flex and scale
Key activities will include:
- Pipeline and CRM management
- Tracking and reporting progress against agreed targets
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of our capabilities and projects
- Maintaining and tracking all external positioning and maintaining a high-level of communication quality
- Conduct / make a high volume of booked face-to-face chemistry or discovery meetings with properly qualified prospects
- Develop and maintain the highest standards for pitching and presentation, and maintain a strong level of consistency of these throughout Big Radical
- Coordinate and lead where appropriate new business activities including pitches / pitch teams
- Coordinate responses to RFPs and Briefs
- Diversifying and growing the existing portfolio by winning new business and support developing existing client relationships where appropriate
- Review, contribute and protect commercial aspects of contracts and SOWs
- Liaison with clients on case studies and joint PR
- Attend relevant industry functions, events and conferences to ensure a strong understanding of current market and trends and Big Radical’s visibility in the market.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company's unique selling propositions and differentiators.
You'll be able to demonstrate:
- Business development and client services experience in a product innovation, platform or service design studio/agency environment or product development organisation
- Strong industry network (both vendors and clients)
- Ability to segment and acquire new clients based on cultural and strategic similarities to our capabilities
- Extremely strong ‘top of the funnel’ pipeline management and conversion skills
- Strong presentational skills and ability to manage all stages of the business development cycle
- A deep understanding of the creative and product development industry
- A strong understanding of the technical/digital landscape, good overall technical knowledge - particularly mobile - and a thorough understanding of trends in design, innovation and technology
- Highly entrepreneurial and capable of working within a dynamic environment
- Strong emotional intelligence and leadership capability
- Proven ability to build credible, trusting, sustainable relationships at a senior level within organisations.
- Excellent commercial, entrepreneurial, strategic and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills – spoken and written; and exceptional presentation skills.
- Passion for excellence and attention to detail, self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and driven.
- Outcomes-focused and consultative selling approach
- Self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- Comfortable interfacing between teams (including engineering, designers, strategists, delivery managers and client stakeholders).
In return you'll get:
- Competitive remuneration
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- A number of other benefits including cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers
- A fun and supportive working environment