We don't obsess about skill sets and keywords, who you are is more important.
If you want an idea of what the role entails, you’ll mostly be working on websites based on the Umbraco CMS, which means working in .NET (mostly MVC). For the right candidate we’re willing to provide on the job training to introduce you to our way of working and other relevant areas of knowledge.
How you think is the only true requirement, but this role is designed for a developer with experience of .NET and Umbraco websites. It includes oversight and mentoring of other Developers, and will involve input on a broad range of projects. This is a backend role, but any crossover knowledge of frontend (in particular AngularJS) would be helpful to your application.
We work in a fluid & lean way, so you'll need to be comfortable working iteratively with the rest of the team to deliver an excellent result without specifications or intensive project management. You'll be expected to take ownership of your work, manage your time, communicate in a dynamic team, and ultimately deliver quality code.
- A real passion for backend development
- Previous experience managing or mentoring more junior Developers
- A history with ASP.Net (Webforms and MVC), and preferably Umbraco
- Experience in an agency or working on multiple concurrent projects
- Worked in an agile/lean team (eg Scrum)
- A strong appreciation of n-Tier architecture
- Spent many fun days and/or nights with REST services (ie WebAPI)
- The 3 or 4 useful most git commands memorised, or written on a post-it nearby (any source code management experience is acceptable, we won't discriminate against Mercurial or TFS for example)
- 23 - 28 days of holiday (based on your length of service)
- Plus, your birthday off (after first year of service)
- Contributory pension scheme (4-5% employer contribution depending on length of service)
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme (mental health, legal and tax advice, etc)
- Free breakfast on Fridays
- Regular free lunches and drinks to reward the successes of the team
- Your choice of job-related book added to the Etch Library each month
- Employee loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sick pay package
- A fun and supportive working environment
Etch is an equal opportunities employer.
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
If you want to apply or find out more, drop Callum Donnelly a line.