In this role, you will work with a multi-disciplinary team of designers and developers to deliver outstanding large-scale and/or technically complex digital products.
Our focus is on helping our partners get further, faster - making things tangible and helping them launch outstanding products that make a difference you can measure. The principles of working fast, lean and iteratively really matter to us so team culture and interaction are fundamental to success. We look to bond “one product team” that will move mountains together. Our approaches are geared to making sure things get done, iterate naturally, and deliver the outcomes we set together.
If this sounds appealing and you’re ready to help our partners and teams get further, faster we’d love to hear from you.
You have a deep passion for working with people, coaching and orchestrating multi-disciplined teams and client stakeholders using Agile processes to deliver exceptional products and experiences as well as managing projects through full lifecycle delivery; you bring order to confusion, promote calmness in stressful situations, and are able to document and communicate project requirements across creative, strategic and technical teams. Your leadership style will be focused on mentoring and collaboration vs directing and control. You believe in good process but are adaptable and quick thinking to adjust your style of management to different situations and projects. When things get difficult or confusing, you’re the first person that teams turn to for direction and support.
- Agency experience of working on multiple client-facing, products at once
- Deep understanding and direct experience of different agile and lean approaches in delivery teams
- Experience with Agile, having led Scrum teams (certified Scrum Master is a bonus), sprint planning and other Agile ceremonies
- Experience using tools such as Jira, Confluence and Trello to manage the velocity and commerciality of projects and using data from these to report on status.
- Solid technical understanding of the process and issues around product development
- Understand the complexities of system integrations and worked on projects with multiple vendors and third parties
- Driven development teams through all phases of the development life cycle on large-scale and/or technically complex project
- Experience across a wide range of industries and of transactional digital products
- Excellent stakeholder management and proven ability to engage and influence all levels of seniority
- Must be approachable and able to communicate with clients and be able to build great working relationships with them
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coach and mentor cross disciplines team members to the successful delivery of exceptional digital products
- Coach and mentor product development teams to be as self-determining and mutually supportive as possible (this includes client and partner elements of an allocated product team to ensure an effective project culture)
- Successful scoping, planning, delivery, resourcing and deployment of industry leading solutions through a full project lifecycle
- Running sprint planning, scrum ceremonies, acting as Scrum Master – facilitating the removal of any blockers
- Be comfortable maintaining project requirements within project backlogs and document repositories using Jira and Confluence
- Be comfortable coaching client stakeholders and internal teams in collaborative workshop environments
- Add your mix of experience and innovation to pitches
- Maintain budgetary control of projects and able to report on project RAG to senior management and support client services teams in commercial change management
- Manage project risk, working with partners, internal teams and 3rd parties to communicate, unblock and escalate risks and issues as appropriate
- Continuously measure and identify opportunities to improve our methods and work
- Cultivate proactive ideas within the team that help secure and drive the direction of future sprints
- 23 - 28 days of holiday (based on your length of service)
- Plus, your birthday off (after first year of service)
- Contributory pension scheme (4-5% employer contribution depending on length of service)
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme (mental health, legal and tax advice, etc)
- Free breakfast on Fridays
- Regular free lunches and drinks to reward the successes of the team
- Your choice of job-related book added to the Etch Library each month
- Employee loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sick pay package
- A fun and supportive working environment
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
If you want to apply or find out more, drop Callum Donnelly a line.