QA Lead (Contract Role)
About Big Radical
Wake Up. Break Through. Repeat.
Big Radical is a product development studio of 22 designers, engineers, project coaches and business innovators based in Soho, London. Our leadership team are digital product veterans with the scars to prove it and our team are rock-solid thinkers and makers. We are equal doses of client business, product sandpit and IP development, together with a growing network of extended family and collaborators.
Our focus is Rapid Breakthrough Product Development – getting to the point fast, making things tangible, and helping clients and partners launch great products and services that make a difference you can measure.
We’re looking for an experienced and talented QA Lead to join our team.
QA is an integral part of any engineering department, so looking for an candidate that can help improve standards throughout the product lifecycle and bring strong QA practices to the already established team.
You like working closely with Tech Architects, User Experience Architects, Creative Designers and Developers to help solve technology challenges for businesses and general users.
- Be honest, direct and take ownership of your work
- Have a strong eye for opportunities, challenges, and for details
- Play well with others, we've got a fantastic team to work with
- Know how to articulate your ideas to clients and to the team members alike
- Be a tinkerer and explorer, don't be afraid to question
- Be interested, interesting, we love variety
- Work closely with the Senior QA Lead to help coordinate software testing activities throughout all projects
- Providing assistance and guidance for the creation of test plans by QA Testers
- Act alongside the Senior Lead as a point of escalation and resolution during project lifecycles as it relates to quality decisions
- Work closely with QA Manager and Senior Lead to assist with the roll out of tools and processes in QA
- Communicate daily with the Senior Lead and QA team regarding project status
- Provide support for QA testers throughout all projects
- Work closely with QA testers to determine QA development needs and promote team growth and progression
- Work closely with QA Manager to determine specific training needs for current and future QA Testers
- Keep abreast of industry trends and advancements in digital mobile technology and share throughout the wider QA team
- Work closely QA testers to make suggestions for R&D projects and improvements appropriate to QA
- Responsible for the tracking of handsets, ensuring all devices are correctly signed in and out
- Line responsibility and performance monitoring for QA Testers
- Familiar with Behaviour-Driven Development, Cucumber and Gherkin spec
- Experience with QA Testing tools and Test case management products.
- Experience with mobile first projects combining responsive & adaptive techniques
- Experience with testing native mobile applications
- Experience working processes borrowing from the agile mindset
- Be able to mentor other colleagues and work in a team
- Passionate about exploring new technologies and approaches
- Experience working in an agency environment
- (Bonus) Understanding of CI/CD practices, and how they interact with the QA process.
- (Bonus) Experience with automated testing approaches and execution