We’re on the lookout for a QA Engineer, to join a team of passionate and highly skilled humans building amazing digital products and experiences.
- £38,000 - £46,000
- Etch London
Our product teams are deployed into businesses to build forward-thinking responsive websites and web apps. They do this by splitting their time between being the embedded team on-site and working back at the London or Southampton base with the wider Etch team (usually a 70/30 split).
The product team is driven to create the kind of business change that allows organisations to really flourish and engage with their customers, getting them further faster. As a result, each team member plays an exciting key role in building relationships and demonstrates a proven ability to work with partners first hand on-site.
QA is an integral part of any engineering department and this will be a sole role so we are looking for a passionate candidate that can help improve standards throughout the product lifecycle and bring strong QA practices to the team.
You will be working closely with User Experience Architects, Product Designers and Developers to help solve technology challenges for businesses and general users.
- At least 2 years experience performing QA in web-based projects
- Experience of using defect reporting tools such as JIRA, Azure DevOps or similar
- Worked within an Agile/lean team (eg Scrum)
- Experience working in an agency environment or on multiple concurrent projects
- Expertise writing and executing manual and automated test plans
- Experience performing functional, non functional, exploratory and end to end testing
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a passion and enthusiasm for QA
- Work closely with clients, Developers and the Head of Product throughout an entire project lifecycle
- Assist with requirements gathering, defining acceptance criteria and UAT processes
- Define, document and execute test plans
Communicate daily with the wider project team regarding project status
- Report any project issues which affect QA testing
- Keep abreast of industry trends and advancements in QA and technology and share throughout the wider Product team
- Make suggestions for R&D projects appropriate to QA
- Responsible for the tracking of handsets, ensuring all devices are correctly signed in and out
- 23 - 28 days of holiday (based on your length of service)
- Plus, your birthday off (after first year of service)
- Contributory pension scheme (4-5% employer contribution depending on length of service)
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme (mental health, legal and tax advice, etc)
- Free breakfast on Fridays
- Regular free lunches and drinks to reward the successes of the team
- Your choice of job-related book added to the Etch Library each month
- Employee loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sick pay package
- A fun and supportive working environment
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
If you want to apply or find out more, drop us a line.