Junior Web Developer (.Net)
We're on the hunt for a junior web developer to join our team. We don't obsess about skillsets and keywords; who you are and how you think are more important, but if you want an idea of what the role entails, then in a nutshell it'll mostly be helping to maintain and build our clients' websites based on the Umbraco CMS, although crossover knowledge into frontend would be very helpful.
We work in a relatively fluid & lean way so you'll need to be comfortable working iteratively with the rest of the team to deliver an outstanding result without specifications or intensive project management. Working closely with our Lead Developer and the rest of the development team, you'll have an opportunity to work alongside our UX designers and digital producers, to take complete projects and smaller updates from concepts to delivery and beyond.
Being a busy agency, you'll be working on multiple projects at the same time; there'll be a lengthy list of maintenance and update tasks, and elements that contribute to larger projects. As such, you'll be expected to take responsibility for your own time management and delivery within the team.
This position will best suit you if you've had a years' or more experience, and are looking to move on from an intern or graduate position. You must know your way around a C#/ASP.net (MVC) web application project, and a few of the following would be handy;
- Source code management; eg git, Mercurial (hg)
- RESTful web services (ie WebAPI)
- ORMs (eg Entity Framework, nHibernate, ServiceStack, PetaPoco)
- Frontend HTML/CSS (SCSS)/jQuery (crossover knowledge only, this is primarily a backend role)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Multiple concurrent projects/Agency environment
- Working in an agile/lean team (eg Scrum)
- Salary range £25-£30k, depending on experience.
- Up to 25 days paid holiday, plus your birthday off.
- Free work/job related training.
- Our office is within the direct radius of a Pokemon Gym - and plenty of water types spawn here, including Psyducks, Staryu, and the legendary Magikarp
- A job related book of your choice each month.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Childcare vouchers scheme.
- Glasses vouchers.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Sick pay package.
- 'Bacon Roll Fridays' and finish at 3pm.
- Pizza days and drinks at the launch of every new project.
If you want to know more, then drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we like what we hear, we'll ask you to come in for a chat - where we can find out more about you, and you about us. If it feels right for both of us, we'll talk about salaries and details. If it still feels right after that - welcome aboard!
Recruitment Agents - You probably already know that we receive an endless stream of calls from you anyway, and we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative and desire to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position directly, so please don't waste either of our time by calling at the moment.