Reporting to our Technical Director, we are looking for a self-lead individual with strong IT skills who can work on their own initiative to support our users, proactively identify and resolve issues, and propose & implement technical strategies to maintain a first-class IT experience.
This position is based primarily in our Southampton city-centre office, with occasional travel to our London office. The role also supports the infrastructure and users for our partner organisation New Community Ventures and will require time on-site there (also in Southampton city-centre).
- Specification, procurement, setup, configuration and maintenance of all end-user and infrastructure devices and third-party services
- Delivering a high-quality end-user support service for all operating system and application issues
- Establishing & maintaining relationships with third-party vendors
- Maintaining hardware & software asset inventories
- Ensuring secure computing, including patch/update management, endpoint protection and user education
- Communicating problems and their resolutions to the organisation clearly and swiftly
- Working with stakeholders to establish and maintain expenditure budgets
You should have experience in a similar SME environment, with a rounded, hands-on knowledge of all aspects of IT support & management. The role would particularly suit an experienced IT Manager looking to move to a part-time position with skills including the following:
- Experience supporting mixed Windows (various versions) and Mac OSX environments
- Ability to communicate with a broad spectrum of users, via face-to-face, telephone and remote support channels
- Directory services administration (including Active Directory and Azure AD)
- Office365 management (including OneDrive, Teams and SharePoint sites)
- Ability to efficiently identify, diagnose and solve problems, recognising when to escalate
- Knowledge of information security policies and practices (eg ISO27001, GDPR)\
- Familiarity with any of the following would be advantageous;
- IT Service Management practices, eg ITIL
- Ubiquiti UniFi or Alcatel-Lucent network hardware
- Cloud IaaS and PaaS services, including Microsoft Azure and AWS
- IP CCTV
- VoIP telecoms
- 23 - 28 days of holiday (based on your length of service)
- Plus, your birthday off (after first year of service)
- Contributory pension scheme (4-5% employer contribution depending on length of service)
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme (mental health, legal and tax advice, etc)
- Free breakfast on Fridays
- Regular free lunches and drinks to reward the successes of the team
- Your choice of job-related book added to the Etch Library each month
- Employee loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sick pay package
- A fun and supportive working environment
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
If you want to apply or find out more, drop Phil Dye a line.