Head of Product
We are looking for an expert practitioner within product development, strategy or design who has an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to make a difference to join our dynamic business as our Head of Product.
- Salary: Dependent on experience
- Remote, some visits to the Southampton and/or London team
- Working at a strategic level to define and implement the vision and business plan for the Product Team
- Lead and inspire a team of Developers, Designers, Strategists, Project Managers, Account Managers and our extended Etch Community to execute against vision and ensure that all projects are delivered successfully to our standard of excellence
- Own the commercials for the Product Team’s P&L
- Develop and motivate the Product team through training and coaching, setting quarterly objectives and recruitment activities
- Report on industry challenges and trends to ensure that we are operating at the highest level and offering clients the best experience
- Be an active part of the Leadership team; creating business strategies, tackling challenges and implement changes to improve efficiency and quality
- Define and develop ways of working and tools to support delivery and drive quality
- Manage time, cost and quality using an Agile, Waterfall or hybrid approach as required
- Drive external market engagement, networking and thought leadership activities to build new business opportunities
- Identify and discuss key issues with clients to shape and convert potential opportunities
- Proven experience in a similar role (ideally within an agency or consultancy)
- A strong track record of converting new business opportunities.
- A passion for building strong partner relationships and delivering business growth
- Demonstrable experience of defining and leading product strategies
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Exceptional organisational skills with an ability to balance competing priorities effectively
- The ability to inspire and lead with flexibility and agility to balance multiple projects. Navigating through ambiguity and complexity to provide a clear path for your team to develop and complete their role effectively
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- A growth mindset and a desire to move at pace
- Feel confident holding conversations with stakeholders and prospects of all levels up to C-Suite
- Enthusiasm for the digital, tech and strategy landscapes and a point of view on the future of the industry
- 23 - 28 days of holiday (based on your length of service)
- Plus, your birthday off (after first year of service)
- Contributory pension scheme (4-5% employer contribution depending on length of service)
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme (mental health, legal and tax advice, etc)
- Your choice of job-related book added to the Etch Library each month
- Employee loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sick pay package
- A fun and supportive working environment
The power of Etch is in our people. Our teams work seamlessly together, united by a set strong set of values that help to foster a healthy, collaborative, productive and incredibly effective thriving working culture. We’ll look for these in you.
We strive to discover and evolve ever better systems of working together. We aim to free ourselves and others from unnecessary constraints and adopt working patterns that help people, organisations and the planet prosper.
We do what's best for all, not just the individual. We are respectful and empathise with one another.
We show a willingness to fail forwards. We have the courage to show vulnerability. We are confident having the difficult conversations in order to get the right outcome for all.
We support change for the better, striving to help our partners go further faster and empowering our team members to reach their personal goals.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
If you want to apply or find out more, drop us a line.