Working on multiple client accounts from a variety of industries, you'll manage and mentor a team of Digital Marketing Managers and Executives within a busy digital marketing department. From working with channel specific specialists, our internal Digital Products department, or working with our marketing clients to establish a digital marketing strategy, you will take sole ownership to join the dots inbetween the various Product and channel specific Marketing teams, to meet our clients business objectives.
- 10+ years’ experience working in an account management position either agency or client side, more specifically working with a digital marketing or web design/development team.
- Pipeline and CRM Management.
- Experience in managing small monthly marketing budgets of a few thousand pounds, to large six figure marketing spends.
- Experience with hands on management of two or more of the key digital marketing channels; Paid Media, SEO & Content and Digital PR & Outreach.
- A positive, entrepreneurial attitude and approach.
- Business savvy and relationship driven.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Outstanding people skills, including the ability to build rapport quickly with clients.
The role involves contact with clients, so experience / proficiency in an account-handling position is essential, along with professional communication skills. You will be required to work from from our London and Southampton offices when required, but will be based from our Southampton office. We work in a relatively fluid & lean way so you'll need to be comfortable working iteratively with the rest of the team to deliver an outstanding result without specifications or intensive project management. Being a busy agency, you'll be working on multiple projects at the same time, and so will be expected to take responsibility for your own time management and delivery within the team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Interview, grow, mentor and manage a team of Digital Marketing Managers and Executives providing clear direction in all matters relating to their job remits.
- Build successful client relationships, indepently, that have been introduced to the company via your own personal network and the Etch team.
- Mitigate difficult client and project situations professionally in an independent capacity.
- Work with account managers and producers on cross-departmental projects.
- Take ownership of successful digital marketing strategies and set campaign KPIs for our clients, in an independent capacity.
- Take ownership of clients annual budgets, through creation and management to successfully deliver on their business objectives, in an independent capacity.
- Proactively manage a successful client portfolio of digital marketing retainers independently, by working with your clients on ideation, strategic advice, planning and execution to ensure annual growth in turnover and profit, matched against the departments growth plans and benchmarked industry figures.
- Take ownership and responsibility for the business growth and development of the Digital Marketing Management team, including ownership of proposals and pitches, ensuring annual growth and profitability for all work managed.
- Management or oversight of one or more of the key digital marketing channels that you are experienced in, in relation to your clients; e.g. Paid Media, SEO, Content and/or Digital PR & Outreach.
- Report on a monthly basis, to clients, on their key digital marketing KPI’s.
- After successful completion of your probation period, you will be invited to be part of the Digital Marketing departments “Steering Team” where you will receive additional managerial responsibilities alongside “Heads of” channel specific teams.
- 23 - 28 days of holiday (based on your length of service)
- Plus, your birthday off (after first year of service)
- Contributory pension scheme (4-5% employer contribution depending on length of service)
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme (mental health, legal and tax advice, etc)
- Free breakfast on Fridays
- Regular free lunches and drinks to reward the successes of the team
- Your choice of job-related book added to the Etch Library each month
- Employee loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sick pay package
- A fun and supportive working environment
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
If you want to apply or find out more, drop Chris Laas a line.