We are looking for a Project Manager, with experience and passion for using agile delivery methods, to join our world-class technology team and deliver outstanding digital products for our impressive portfolio of clients and partners.
- Salary: £45,000 - 55,000k
- Hybrid, office based one day a week Southampton and/or London office
We are seeking additional delivery support for our growing Etch team. This new role will report to the Head of Delivery and involve overseeing multiple projects on a day-to-day basis. Responsibilities will include engaging with our partners, creating project plans, managing project resources to meet both partner expectations and internal margin targets, and ensuring end-to-end project delivery.
In this role, you will manage both internal and external delivery teams, which include Designers, UX consultants, Developers, Architects, Testers, Strategists, and other external stakeholders.
The responsibilities of the Project Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and managing multiple agile projects concurrently, from initiation to closure, while adhering to the agile framework and principles
- Developing and maintaining project plans, including project scope, goals, deliverables, risks, timelines, and resource allocation
- Collaborating with stakeholders to define project objectives, requirements, and success criteria
- Facilitating effective communication and collaboration among team members, ensuring transparency and timely resolution of issues and risks
- Conducting project meetings, such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives, fostering a culture of continuous improvement
- Monitoring project progress and proactively identifying potential risks and issues, implementing mitigation strategies and contingency plans as needed
- Managing project budgets, tracking project costs, and ensuring projects are delivered within allocated resources
- Coordinating with product owners and business analysts to prioritize project backlogs and ensure alignment with strategic goals
- Providing leadership and coaching to the project team, fostering a positive and productive work environment
- Utilising project management tools and software to effectively manage project documentation, tasks, and collaboration
- Conducting post-project evaluations and capturing lessons learned to drive improvements in project delivery
Skills and Abilities:
- In-depth understanding of agile principles, values, and practices, with the ability to tailor them to different project contexts.
- Strong project management skills, including project planning, risk management, and budgeting.
- Excellent leadership and team management abilities, with a track record of building and motivating high-performing teams.
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, executives, and external stakeholders.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to identify and mitigate risks, solve problems, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to facilitate effective meetings, including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and retrospectives.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet project deadlines.
- Continuous improvement mindset, with the ability to drive process enhancements.
- Proficient in using project management tools and software to manage project documentation, tasks, and collaboration.
- Agile certifications such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus.
- Results-oriented with a focus on delivering high-quality projects within budget and timeline.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Strong leadership presence with the ability to influence and inspire others.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a proactive and solution-oriented approach.
- Strong integrity and ethical behavior, maintaining confidentiality and handling sensitive information appropriately.
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Willing to get stuck in and help the team in all areas, even those outside of your direct remit
- Resilience and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize effectively.
At Etch, we’re defining a better way to work, live and play. Here, every day is an opportunity, an opportunity to write your own story. A story of growth, of pride, of fun and of doing incredible things. Working at Etch is about your own personal journey. We’ve created an environment that allows you to become the best version of yourself, at work, at home, and in life. For more information about life at Etch, our culture, and to find out what values we look for in each applicant, head over to our careers page.
At Etch you’re well looked after. From your health and wellbeing to your personal development and finances, we provide more than your statutory benefits, we’ve created a working culture that not only works for you, but one that gives you the best opportunity to thrive. For more information on our latest company benefits, visit our careers page.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
If you want to apply or find out more, drop us a line.