We are looking for a Delivery Manager, with experience and passion for using agile delivery methods, to join our world-class Product team and deliver outstanding digital products for our impressive roster of clients and partners.
- Salary: £40-50k
- Remote, some visits to the Southampton and/or London team
Due to recent growth in the Etch Product team, we are looking for additional delivery support. This is a brand-new role, reporting to the Head of Product. You will be responsible for the day-to-day running of multiple projects; from the initial conversations with our partners, creation of project plans, resourcing the project to ensure it meets not only our partners’ expectations for timings but also our internal targets for margins, to the day-to-day delivery from start to finish.
You will be managing both internal and external delivery teams, comprising of Designers, UX consultants, Developers, Architects, Testers, Strategists, as well as external stakeholders.
The Etch culture empowers its staff to own their work. As a Delivery Manager within the Product Team, you would be encouraged to see the team as its own business within the Etch Group, constantly doing your bit to help achieve the goals and objectives set out for the team each quarter.
The Etch Product team primarily adopts and champions Agile principles when it comes to delivery, helping our partners foster an Agile culture within their own teams to consistently deliver rapid value. As well as traditional methods of resourcing a project within Etch, our primary delivery methodology is executed through a process we call ‘Delivery Design’ - the creation of one collaborative and connected team of internal and external stakeholders, designed to bring about the most effective way of project delivery.
The Delivery Manager’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing multiple simple and complex digital product implementations from start to finish:
- Having initial conversations
- Creating a statement of work for the project
- Building out and requesting resources
- Creating and managing the project plan
- Managing all commercial based project administration
- Arranging and facilitating project meetings and ceremonies
- Updating project budgets and forecasts
- Supporting the Head of Product in the running of the Product team
- Supporting our Partners’ Product Owners with advice
- Seek out, suggest and implement improvements in processes
- Promote positivity within the team, to maintain the team’s high energy and morale
- Liaise and manage 3rd party suppliers
We’re looking for someone with more than just great project management skills. It’s the human skills to run and inspire a team of people to deliver with one common goal. The ability to overcome a challenge with a pragmatic view on problem-solving, when a spanner gets thrown into the works.
You'll be a creative thinker and have worked within digital delivery, ideally within an agency setting and have an appreciation and love for Agile methods, and for creating rapid value for our partners within an Agile environment.
We don’t care if you’ve gone to university or not, we focus on making sure you’re the right team fit. We’re not robots here, we’re a team of people with great personalities that listen to and understand our partners to make decisions that not only help the project but also positively affect them too.
We use an array of tools to help us do our jobs, primarily using Azure DevOps as our backlog and project management tool. We also use Jira when requested by our partners.
This is a busy and varied role within our great team, so you’ll have amazing organisation skills and a safe pair of hands, the desire to want to pick something up, take ownership of it and get it done well.
You'll be comfortable not knowing every bit of detail required to get a project going and you’ll be comfortable with uncovering the project requirements as you go.
- 23 - 28 days of holiday (based on your length of service)
- Plus, your birthday off (after first year of service)
- Contributory pension scheme (4-5% employer contribution depending on length of service)
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme (mental health, legal and tax advice, etc)
- Free breakfast on Fridays
- Regular free lunches and drinks to reward the successes of the team
- Your choice of job-related book added to the Etch Library each month
- Employee loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sick pay package
- A fun and supportive working environment
The power of Etch is in our people. Our teams work seamlessly together, united by a set strong set of values that help to foster a healthy, collaborative, productive and incredibly effective thriving working culture. We’ll look for these in you.
We strive to discover and evolve ever better systems of working together. We aim to free ourselves and others from unnecessary constraints and adopt working patterns that help people, organisations and the planet prosper.
We do what's best for all, not just the individual. We are respectful and empathise with one another.
We show a willingness to fail forwards. We have the courage to show vulnerability. We are confident having the difficult conversations in order to get the right outcome for all.
We support change for the better, striving to help our partners go further faster and empowering our team members to reach their personal goals.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
If you want to apply or find out more, drop us a line.