We are looking for an experienced Account Manager, ready to take the next career step or an established Account Director looking for a new challenge to join our growing client Partner Experience team.
- £47,500 - £55,000 dependent on experience
- Remote, regular visits to the Southampton and/or London team
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 - 8 years Account Management experience and have the hands-on experience and track record of managing strategic development and growth of clients.
One of the singularly most important roles of our Account Director is the ability to build trusted relationships quickly and at all seniority levels. As a member of the Partner Experience team, they will be expected to bring high levels of intuition and emotional intelligence to develop and maintain rapport with our key contacts – becoming the trusted voice of the client partner in the business and to delight our clients.
They will be regularly involved with pitches for new business, approaching these with both a creative and commercial mindset.
Working closely with the Head of Partner Experience they will manage a large portfolio of clients and ensure that growth and revenue targets are met. Must have strong strategic capability and broad experience across digital, B2C & B2B client projects.
They will work towards becoming a business partner with a strategic understanding of clients’ brands, their business, their customers and what’s coming next in their industry.
They will manage and shape and most importantly grow relationships with clients, helping them to drive customer-centric digital transformation and be an integral partner in helping them reimagine their business, and respond to the complex and extensive challenges that they face at scale.
Driven to get to know our clients personally and frequently interacting with key stakeholders to understand any issues and be able to turn them into tangible briefs and to proactively come back and truly inspire them.
This is a remote role with regular travel to one of our offices in Southampton or London required.
- Strategic ability and client/market/industry insight is absolutely essential
- Exemplary presentation skills, excellent written and verbal communication
- Provides an effective bridge between the client and Etch, and where necessary, other divisions and teams within the business
- Actively seeks out client development opportunities
- Organises own and others time to achieve deadlines, doesn’t create crises through lack of planning
- Commercially and creatively astute
- Effective negotiator
- Excellent track history with client retention
- Fast, credible and quick to provide superlative client experience and communications
- Understands the goals and priorities of the client, the competitive landscape (strengths and weaknesses)
- Comfortable in managing multiple clients and projects under pressure
- Customer relationship orientated nurturing an environment that values clients
- Builds trust quickly and relationships with all seniority levels, adds value at board level
- Ready to go the extra mile for clients, fostering a rapid and deep level of trust
- Maintains profitable accounts and actively seeks ways to up sell products and services to meet revenue and KPIs.
- Is responsible, accountable for developing and the delivery of growth for all accounts.
- Proactive - doesn’t wait to take action
- Co-ordinates the team and project in order to get the right people in front of the client at the right time, understands that knowledge is key and fills the gaps ahead of the clients needs.
- 23 - 28 days of holiday (based on your length of service)
- Plus, your birthday off (after first year of service)
- Contributory pension scheme (4-5% employer contribution depending on length of service)
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme (mental health, legal and tax advice, etc)
- Free breakfast on Fridays
- Regular free lunches and drinks to reward the successes of the team
- Your choice of job-related book added to the Etch Library each month
- Employee loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sick pay package
- A fun and supportive working environment
The power of Etch is in our people. Our teams work seamlessly together, united by a set strong set of values that help to foster a healthy, collaborative, productive and incredibly effective thriving working culture. We’ll look for these in you.
We strive to discover and evolve ever better systems of working together. We aim to free ourselves and others from unnecessary constraints and adopt working patterns that help people, organisations and the planet prosper.
We do what's best for all, not just the individual. We are respectful and empathise with one another.
We show a willingness to fail forwards. We have the courage to show vulnerability. We are confident having the difficult conversations in order to get the right outcome for all.
We support change for the better, striving to help our partners go further faster and empowering our team members to reach their personal goals.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
If you want to apply or find out more, drop us a line.