QA is an integral part of any engineering department and this will be a sole role so we are looking for a passionate candidate that can help improve standards throughout the product lifecycle and bring strong QA practices to the team.
You will be working closely with User Experience Architects, Creative Designers and Developers to help solve technology challenges for businesses and general users.
- Familiar with Behaviour-Driven Development, Cucumber and Gherkin spec
- Experience with QA Testing tools and Test case management products.
- Experience with mobile first projects combining responsive & adaptive techniques
- Experience with testing native mobile applications
- Experience working processes borrowing from the agile mindset
- Be able to mentor other colleagues and work in a team
- Passionate about exploring new technologies and approaches
- Experience working in an agency environment
- (Bonus) Understanding of CI/CD practices, and how they interact with the QA process.
- (Bonus) Experience with automated testing approaches and execution
- Be honest, direct and take ownership of your work
- Have a strong eye for opportunities, challenges, and for details
- Play well with others, we’ve got a fantastic team to work with
- Know how to articulate your ideas to clients and to the team members alike
- Be a tinkerer and explorer, don’t be afraid to question
- Be interested, be interesting, we love variety
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Technical Director to help coordinate software testing activities throughout all projects
- Create individual test plans for projects
- Act as a point of escalation and resolution during project lifecycles as it relates to quality decisions
- Manage the roll out of tools and new processes within QA
- Communicate daily with the Technical Director and Programme Directors regarding project status
- Keep abreast of industry trends and advancements in digital mobile technology and share throughout the wider team
- Work closely with the Technical Director to make suggestions for R&D projects and improvements appropriate to QA
- Responsible for the tracking of handsets, ensuring all devices are correctly signed in and out
- 23 - 28 days of holiday (based on your length of service)
- Plus, your birthday off (after first year of service)
- Contributory pension scheme (4-5% employer contribution depending on length of service)
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme (mental health, legal and tax advice, etc)
- Free breakfast on Fridays
- Regular free lunches and drinks to reward the successes of the team
- Your choice of job-related book added to the Etch Library each month
- Employee loans
- Eye care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sick pay package
- A fun and supportive working environment
Etch is an equal opportunities employer.
Where possible, we prefer to build the best team with the best people, which means those that show the initiative to approach us directly. We'd currently prefer to fill this position without recruiters, so if you are a recruiter, please don’t call about this role at the moment.
If you want to apply or find out more, drop us a line.